Lead Producer Austin, TX
An experienced producer with 13+ years of proven game industry experience. Accomplished in technical production practices, leading teams through full development cycles, and ensuring deliverables on time.
You can view my LinkedIn here:
2016 – Present • New York
• Leads production of technical teams for Avalanche Studios NYC and members in Stockholm HQ. Technical teams include: Engine, Physics, Rendering, Tools, and Technical Art. Content Teams Include: VFX, Lighting, and 2 Feature Teams (Water, Extreme Weather).
• Creating and prioritizing timelines with teams during pre-production through the full development cycle all the way to a successful submission on Xbox One and Playstation 4.
• Employs the agile production methodology for task management, specifically Kanban to manage each technical teams backlog through JIRA. Uses agile sprint management for each content / feature team.
• Works to support the proprietary APEX Engine that Avalanche Studios has built from the ground up, through integrations and planned improvements to keep it production ready for AAA game development.
2014 – 2015 • Plano, TX
• Lead SCRUM standups for server developers and server OPS teams, outlining schedules and monitoring project milestones to foster productivity and meet deadlines.
• Collaborated extensively with senior producers to identify requirements and delegate tasks to developers, utilizing expertise in JIRA.
• Managed schedules, resources and server maintenance including server downtimes, applying exceptional planning, coordination and multitasking skills to achieve deliverables.
• Communicated and collaborated with cross-functional teams including art, design, game dev and quality assurance to optimize development progress.
• Assisted team with budget management, applying understanding of hardware and software needs to control costs, outline expenses and appropriately allocate funds.
• Collaborated with external companies to determine schedules, and server development requirements while rotating development team members to facilitate project needs.
2011 – 2014 • Richardson, TX
• Sourced and attracted contracts and projects from publishers and developers, applying expertise in technical production to determine requirements and providing resources and services to advance projects.
• Collaborated and communicated with team leads of art, design and code , scheduling tasks for both internal and external projects to ensure timely delivery.
• Planned and oversaw development and delivery of Burnstar, an original IP, released on iPhone and Steam, identifying and rectifying technical issues and providing support throughout all phases of development.
• Successfully implemented leads management program, optimizing processes including staffing, future projects, and budget management while improving employee relations.
2008 – 2011 • Richardson, TX
• Created multi-player and single player levels for various AAA titles, utilizing expertise in Radiant and Unreal Development Engine.
• Scripted single and multi-player events including spawning mobs with triggers and timed events in multiplayer.
• Collaborated effectively with designers to conceptualize game ideas, design prototypes and write pitch documents for titles.
• Liaised with artists to create assets to populate levels and worked with programmers to create and implement gameplay systems, enhancing game development.
• Communicated with external partners to identify requirements, gain feedback on gameplay systems or levels and implement improvements to achieve client satisfaction.
2007 – 2008 • Richardson, TX
• Spearheaded implementation of exchange into Nerve’s active directory domain and set up permanent VPN tunnels with external partners to streamline collaborative efforts.
• Supported end-users with IT-related problems, diagnosing and troubleshooting issues promptly to ensure a prime user experience.
• Applied technical expertise to support Perforce and various development oriented software.
Quality Assurance Lead
2005 – 2007 • Dallas, TX
• Trained and coached new QA testers, offering guidance on quality standards and operations to enhance employee performance and uphold integrity of products.
• Identified, acquired and organized all resources and schedules for functional and performance QA work, consistently meeting expectations and deadlines.
• Crafted and executed test cases and test plans for each project, mitigating risks and producing top quality results.
Computer Information Systems
– • Statesboro, GA
Game Design Level Design Agile Development Project Management Video Game Production Concept Pitch Development Problem Solving Troubleshooting SCRUM Kanban
Unreal Development Engine Source Radiant Perforce JIRA Confluence TestTrackPro Unity production hansoft